top of page

Refresher on Obtaining a MMJ Card

We received countless comments asking about more info on obtaining your Medical Marijuana Card and registration through the state of Arkansas. Then there were a few questions about a delay in some receiving their cards when they have submitted their applications and have been approved.

So, I dug as much as I could to get you guys some answers! We gotchu. ;)

Let us say again how much we support and are looking forward to welcoming NEA Full Spectrum Medicine to Brookland. The whole end goal here is to get people FEELIN' BETTER! We are still here. We are still, and always will be YOUR Emerald's Triangle serving NEA and available to you guys whenever and however we are needed. :)

Let's get down to business. So this is a list of a lot of the FAQ's we have seen and the legitimate answers from the Arkansas Department of Health Website.

In order to qualify for a registry card to legally purchase medical marijuana, you must meet the following qualifications:

- Be 18 years of age or older or be a minor patient with parental consent

- Be diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition – click here to see a list of qualifying medical conditions.

- Have the official written certification from a physician.

- Be an Arkansas resident with proof of residency. (AR Driver’s License or AR State ID card).

- State law prohibits members of Arkansas National Guard and United States Military from obtaining a registry ID card.

Q. Where are the dispensaries located?

Click here.

Q. Where can I read the Medical Marijuana Amendment?

Click here.

Q. Where can I read the complete department rules for the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Program?

Click here.

Q. What information and forms are required when a patient applies for a Medical Marijuana ID card?

- The application form.

- The completed Physician Written Certification.

- Photocopy of your Arkansas issued driver's license or state ID (remember: name and address must match what is listed on your Arkansas driver's license or ID).

- The nonrefundable $50 application fee.

Q. How long is my ID card valid?

Your registry identification card from the Arkansas Department of Health will be valid for one year from the date it is issued OR the amount of time designated by the physician.

Q. I live in another state and have one of the eligible debilitating medical conditions. Can I apply?

No. Only Arkansas residents can apply for the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Program.

Q. Is my confidentiality protected when I apply and if I am approved for the use of medical marijuana?

Yes. The following information received and records kept by the Arkansas Department Health Medical Marijuana Section are subject to all applicable federal privacy laws, are confidential, are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act and are not subject to disclosure to any individual or public or private entity, except as necessary for authorized employees of the department to perform official duties for the medical marijuana program. Law enforcement will have the ability to confirm only the validity of an ID card.

Q. Can I use medical marijuana anywhere in Arkansas?

No. Using medical cannabis is prohibited in a school bus, on the grounds of any preschool or primary or secondary school, in any correctional facility, in any motor vehicle, in a private residence used at any time to provide licensed child care or other similar social service care on the premises and in any public place where an individual could reasonably be expected to be observed by others. A public place includes all parts of buildings owned in a whole or in part, or leased, by the state or local unit of government. A public place does not include a private residence unless the private residence is used to provide licensed child care, foster care or other similar social service care on the premises. Using medical marijuana is also prohibited in a health care facility or any other place where smoking is prohibited by the Clean Indoor Air Act of 2006 and knowingly in close physical proximity to anyone under the age of 18.

Q. Are registry identification cards from other state medical marijuana programs valid in Arkansas?

A visiting qualifying patient may obtain marijuana from a dispensary with completion of a visiting patient form and producing evidence of his or her registry identification card or its equivalent that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States.

Q. May I obtain a qualified patient or designated caregiver registry ID card if I am a member of Arkansas National Guard or Unites States military?

Legislation passed in 2017 prohibits members of Arkansas National Guard and United States military from obtaining a qualified patient or designated caregiver registry ID card.

ID Card questions:

Q. If my registry identification card is lost, stolen or damaged what do I do and is there a fee to replace the card?

Please complete the CHANGE OF ADDRESS/LOST CARD form. Submit the form to us and a replacement card will be issued. There may be a delay in receiving a replacement card as replacement cards will be processed after all new applicants have been processed and issued cards.

If the application was submitted online, in the future a function will be added to allow you to print a replacement card using your AMMsys account. The online print is not yet available but will be in the future

Q. I received my registry identification card, but my name is misspelled (or has other incorrect information). What do I do?

If the application was completed online you may complete the change form and submit.

If you completed a paper application, complete the change form and mail to the office.

A corrected replacement card will be sent as soon as possible. Once a replacement card is issued, the prior card is no longer valid.

Q. If my registry identification card expired and I didn’t submit my renewal application before the deadline, am I still eligible to purchase medical marijuana?

No. When your card expires, the legal protection offered by the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act is expired. You may still submit your renewal application.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page